Location: Houston, Texas
Position Reports To:Area Sales/Business Development Manager – Latin America
Performs high frequency sales contacts focused on new and existing customer accounts within the applicable Sales Area. Responsible for daily communication transactions preparation of commercial and technical proposals for the sale of FlexSteel in supporting Area and National sales objectives. Key function includes coordination, execution and collaboration with Area Sales Manager, Sales Representatives, Channel Partners, and overall strategic marketing initiatives within applicable Sales Area.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual in this position must use initiative and judgment arranging job details to achieve predetermined objectives. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Calls existing customers and target accounts to identify needs, establish buying cycles and to facilitate a strong customer-supplier relationship.
- Screen all internal leads and facilitate lead development with the applicable Sales Representative/Channel Partner at the discretion of the Sales Manager.
- Develops and maintains direct line responsibilities with key accounts, ensuring a climate of positive business relationships with customers to meet or exceed sales targets for the assigned area
- Identify opportunities to grow the regional customer base and prepare action plans to convert sales prospects into new accounts.
- Support Area Sales Representative/Channel Partner and Area Sales Manager in all aspects of new and existing business development. This will include management of some opportunities throughout the sales process.
- Coordinate all aspects of proposal production in accordance with the appropriate proposal process, including the assembly and delivery of Proposal Documents, as needed, and defined by Area Sales Manager. Interface with other departments as necessary to complete proposals and gain contractual agreement (i.e. engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and accounting)
- Interface with other departments as necessary to complete proposals and gain contractual agreement (i.e. engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and accounting)
- Assist in implementation of the company’s marketing strategy, public relations efforts and their development as assigned. Support coordination of trade shows, conferences and miscellaneous marketing seminars.
- Organize and maintain all proposal data using company’s CRM programs/systems as appropriate.
- Attend proposal related meetings/presentations as requested.
- Organizes and maintains information on prospects, clients, competitors and their key actors (e.g., changes, accomplishments, other activities, ownership and management, location of operations, and telephone numbers of contacts).
- Supports Area Sales Team forecast reports and account maintenance.
- Perform other duties as directed
This position may be responsible for directing or coordinating the work activities of others. The following positions report directly to this position:
There are no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Must possess the ability to read, analyze and interpret Client Specifications, Industry Codes and Standards.
- Must possess the ability to prepare technical documents.
- Must possess the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must possess the ability to work and communicate well in team-environment with other Managers, Sales Representatives in efforts to achieve all sales objectives.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate with all internal functional areas of Company in order to facilitate and achieve all sales objectives.
- Must possess an excellent understanding of both English and Spanish usage and ability to communicate with all types of people on the phone, via email or more formal communications.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills a must, including ability to work with minimal supervision, ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines and multiple tasks.
- Must possess an exceptional ability to pay attention to detail.
- Must possess the ability to work under pressure without sacrificing quality.
- Must demonstrate professional ethics and demeanor at all times.
- Must possess the ability to meet deadlines; plan, organize and coordinate all elements of complex technical documents; and rewrite, adapt and tailor qualification material, including company introductions, letters, resumes and project descriptions.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s Degree with 1 to 3 years of related experience or commensurate combination of education and experience.
- Job requires excellent organizational and communication skills and ability to work under the pressure of multiple deadlines.
- Computer skills required and familiarity with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and other software programs.
- Exceptional aptitude and understanding of CRM and ERP systems, processes, and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Those generally consistent with a business office environment
- Limited travel required by this position to support regional sales activities (est. 10% or less)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Those generally consistent with a business office environment.
DateTuesday, February 6, 2018
How to ApplyIn order to express interest in FlexSteel job opportunities, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. YOU MUST INCLUDE THE JOB TITLE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL.
FlexSteel is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities to employees and applicants in accordance with all applicable laws. FlexSteel’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. M/F/D/V.