Location: Houston, Texas
Position Reports To: Contract Manager
Performs legal and complex administrative support to the Legal Department, including handling and developing confidential documents and correspondence that require a high degree of discretion and initiative in project and non-project related legal and contractual matters.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual in this position must use initiative and judgment arranging job details to achieve predetermined objectives. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage general clerical duties such as typing, copying, filing, etc. including the maintenance of the Legal Department’s calendar, open tasks, electronic and manual files in support of all corporate and regional departments.
- Organize and maintain the integrity of the information in Legal database files, regularly update standard forms, and develop process workflows.
- Manage the prequalification analysis of vendors while maintaining the ongoing correspondence between Company and the Legal Department’s internal and external customers or vendors.
- Assist in-house attorneys with the review and negotiation of legal agreements (e.g. commercial contracts, non-disclosure agreements, etc.).
- Manage the process of prequalification analysis and initiate and review background checks of international channel partners while maintaining the ongoing correspondence between Company and the Legal Department’s internal and external contacts.
- Manage complex legal projects and initiatives across diverse practice groups and disciplines.
- Coordinate and compile reports for submittal to Executive Management and other internal and external requestors (e.g. contract status, insurance values, risk profiles, etc.).
- Draft corporate resolutions and maintain the Board books with accurate up to date documents. Assist in the preparation of materials for the Company its board of Board of Directors and committee meetings, including meeting minutes, board resolutions, powers of attorney, certifications and correspondence. Assist in the preparations of documents for entity formation, of domestic and international companies and branches as required; file and retrieve requested information from international offices, corporate service providers and regulatory offices.
- Manage State Registration filings, annual reports and fees for all FlexSteel portfolio companies.
- Draft, negotiate and manage the communications necessary to obtain executed non-disclosure agreements.
- Prepare agreements for in-house counsel for review. Including Terms and Conditions of Sale/Purchase, Warranty letters, Letters of Invitation, Reseller and Representative Agreements, Equipment Sale/Lease Agreements.
- Coordinate insurance claims between the insurance provider for freight forwarding company and our logistics team relating to shipping accidents to recover losses.
- Generally, develop, facilitate and implement process workflows to better improve department day to day functions and intra-departmental requests.
- Provide support for various members of the Legal department on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
This position will not be responsible for directing or coordinating the work activities of others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Successful candidate will be self-motivated and seek to continuously improve processes and procedures.
- Candidate have highly developed organizational skills and be able to juggle multiple workstreams simultaneously.
- Advance knowledge of the MS Suite is required, including proficiency in Excel, MS Word and Outlook, with sufficient skill to produce Power Point presentations. Proficiency includes, but is not limited to, the ability to create redline documents, converting documents to editable formats with Adobe, use the mail merge feature, utilize the advance formatting features and working with template forms. Proficiency creating tables, charts, and reports using Excel and Word/Powerpoint. Must have a working knowledge of ERP – Visual, Concur expense reporting, Excel and Access and legal resource databases such as PCL, Westlaw or Lexis Nexis. Ability to learn and use other software tools as required.
- Meet the Education and/or Experience requirements set forth below.
Education and/or Experience
- Associates degree or paralegal certification, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a legal assistant/paralegal/contract review role.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in contract analysis/administration while 5+ years is preferred. Experience in the oil and gas or oilfield services sector is preferred.
- Paralegal Certificate/Degree from an accredited paralegal program with a minimum of 3 years' experience with complex documents; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Above average written and oral communication skills. Ability to compile and write summary reports, compose business correspondence and develop processes and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Executive Management, departmental managers, customers, third parties and inside/outside council. Ability to take minutes of meetings and maintain confidentiality in all matters.
Capable of working with multi-disciplined departments and across multiple companies; able to prioritize multiple deadlines; excellent interpersonal skills; commercial and analytical skills; detail oriented and organized; able to work well under pressure. Able to work with multiple managers and to prioritize workflow.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, conduct research and draw valid conclusions. Ability to read, analyze and interpret legal documents, commercial procedures, agreements, general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical demands include daily computer work and file maintenance. File archiving and lifting of loads under 20 lbs. are required. Occasional business travel in town (and overnight) may be required (less than 10%). The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Those typical of an office environment
DateTuesday, February 6, 2018
How to ApplyIn order to express interest in FlexSteel job opportunities, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. YOU MUST INCLUDE THE JOB TITLE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL.
FlexSteel is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities to employees and applicants in accordance with all applicable laws. FlexSteel’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. M/F/D/V.