Location: Baytown, Texas
Position Reports To: Senior HSEQ Manager
This position exists to support overall manufacturing plant operations and production activities. This includes but is not limited to weld procedure development and qualification, small and large scale welding research projects, field support of pipeline technology and in-house technical assistance and training. Individual carries out routine assignments as per the HSEQ Group assignments and supports Production Managers for pipe and fittings fabrication as well as the Maintenance Manager for maintenance requirements as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual in this position must use initiative and judgment arranging job details to achieve predetermined objectives. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plans, coordinates, schedules and supervises all activities related to procedure development and qualification of mechanized, semi-automatic and manual welding techniques inclusive of documentation reports.
- Assists in troubleshooting manufacturing welding equipment.
- Plans, coordinates, schedules and supervises all aspects of research and development programs as related to pipeline welding applications inclusive of final reports.
- Prepares preliminary welding procedure proposals as per appropriate specifications and customer requirements.
- When necessary, provides field support to solve technical problems as related to welding technology or equipment.
- Provides technical and quality assistance to internal groups on aspects of welding processes, procedures, welding metallurgy, and interpretation of codes/standards/specifications.
- Monitors and reviews technical literature and research activities for topics of potential benefit to the company, including welding process improvements.
- Works with the Company’s ASNT Level III to identifying appropriate NDE methods to validate welds.
- Maintains the security of Company proprietary information, such as manuals and engineering drawings, while in the weld lab or on field assignments.
- Assist in all areas of engineering and maintenance for welding repairs to equipment and the facility.
This position may be responsible for directing or coordinating the work activities of others. The following positions report directly to this position:
- This job has limited supervisory responsibilities. May be assigned projects to complete.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Must be familiar with OSHA, ASME, ASTM, ANSI and API requirements/codes as related to welding processes (e.g. ASME Section IX, API 1104, etc.)
- Must have strong welding process skills.
- Must also process the skills to teach welding process; including performing actual welding practices.
- Certified Welding Inspector qualification from AWS or the ability to obtain preferred.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with company personnel.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must have regular attendance on the job.
- All requirements must be accomplished in primary business language, which is English.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret safety rules, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Must have the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Welding Engineering Technology or Metallurgy, be certified as a Welding Engineer via the American Welding Society with at least five (5) years related experience. Ten (10) years of experience in the role of a Welding Engineer or Welding Engineering Technician or equivalent may be substituted for the AWS Welding Engineer certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; occasionally required to sit; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally assist in moving items up to 75 pounds. Able to work at heights. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and rotating equipment. The employee is frequently exposed to non-climatized industrial manufacturing environment with infrequent trips to remote field locations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
DateWednesday, August 16, 2017
How to ApplyIn order to express interest in FlexSteel job opportunities, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. YOU MUST INCLUDE THE JOB TITLE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL.
FlexSteel is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities to employees and applicants in accordance with all applicable laws. FlexSteel’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. M/F/D/V.