Location: Baytown, Texas
Position Reports To: Project Execution Manager
The project coordinator is the primary client liaison and is responsible for the customer experience by delivering A+ customer service throughout the project all while upholding the standard of quality and safety and ensuring the project is profitable. This position requires communication skills with both internal and external customers, strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, self-motivation and the ability to make decisions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual in this position must use initiative and judgment arranging job details to achieve predetermined objectives. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sales-order-to-project completion ownership of all assigned orders/projects.
- Controls project requirements, scope, delivery, and installation and change management issues.
- Works closely with sales, legal, manufacturing, procurement, logistics, field operations, and the client to ensure delivery expectations are clearly defined, are being met, and any required actions are completed in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Utilizes “Salesforce” and Infor ERP “Visual” systems to maintain project information.
- Responsible for all legal aspects of the order to ensure all documentation is compliant.
- Holds Kick-off meetings with customer and all related internal departments to ensure work scope is understood, delivery schedules are developed and maintained and customer expectations are met in regards to products, logistics and installation.
- Works closely with Resource Dispatcher to ensure all installation schedules are up to date and technicians and equipment are being dispatched in a timely manner to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Creates job in Field FX system to capture all project data related to installation and equipment needs.
- Manages installation to include work order creation for the technicians, transfer forms for movement of the equipment and daily progress of the project.
- Involves developing a project schedule, tracking and reporting progress, and resolving issues to assure on-schedule delivery.
- Gathers correspondence and reports as necessary to communicate effectively and assist with the customer needs during the project planning and execution phases.
- Manages change orders throughout the project and ensures proper fees for various goods and services are invoiced, delivered and collected.
- Manage customer complaints through CRS (Customer Resolution System) and work with various departments to resolve case issues.
- Responsible for maintaining rental tracker schedule and review field tickets to ensure all field service work is invoiced accurately and collected.
- Obtains customer feedback through Post Job Surveys and Annual Surveys.
- Develops/directs correspondence and reports as necessary to communicate effectively with the clients during the project planning and execution phases.
- Organize Lessons Learned meeting to gather information to improve efficacy for future projects
- There are no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Strong critical thinking, organizational, decision making, and planning skills are required.
- Extensive knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Proven experience in project management including people management, strategic planning, risk management, and change management.
- Ability to work in a cross disciplined team and effectively manage, interface, delegate, and lead.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations with many simultaneous demands effectively and professionally.
- Strong health and safety emphasis with focus on keeping all appropriate certifications current.
- Computer proficiency in programs such as Excel, MS Word, Project (or equivalent), and PowerPoint.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) preferred in Project Management or related field. Three to five years related experience and/or training in project related, customer facing field in oil and gas industry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Those typical of a pipeline construction environment. Will involve periodic travel to the manufacturing facility, field installation sites, customer offices and other as necessary.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment
- That typical of a pipeline construction environment.
- Periodic visits to customer, job sites, manufacturing plant and meetings.
DateWednesday, April 26, 2017
How to ApplyIn order to express interest in FlexSteel job opportunities, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. YOU MUST INCLUDE THE JOB TITLE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL.
FlexSteel is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities to employees and applicants in accordance with all applicable laws. FlexSteel’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. M/F/D/V.