Location: Houston, Texas
Position Reports To: Product Development and Research and Development Manager
Responsible for managing one or more engineering projects from initial conception through to final commercialization launch. Elements of daily responsibilities include design, analysis, project planning and budget management, research, technical report writing, as well as interfacing with other departmen
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual in this position must use initiative and judgment arranging job details to achieve predetermined objectives. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for project management of full scale and bench scale performance evaluation and qualification tests on flexible pipe in accordance with industry standard and company specific procedures. Responsible for analysis and interpretation of test results. Able to work on multiple tasks.
- Designs and/or upgrades pipe designs, end-fitting designs, equipment for deployment of flexible pipe, tooling for equipment, etc
- Coordinates with machining and fabrication personnel to assure design for manufacturing (DFM) methods are utilized
- Development of design tools through spreadsheets (or similar) linking data to models and other forms
- Develop Statistical Process Control (SPC) solutions and/or other statistical analysis methods of data
- Interfaces with customers and independent laboratories carrying out tests to verify the performance of flexible pipe materials and structures
- Analyze and improve design concepts of existing products
- Produce engineering reports and other documents in accordance with company procedures and industry standards
- Ensure that the applicable engineering aspects of the design, quality and safety requirements are implemented in accordance with company and statutory requirements
- Provide technical support to business development executives, technical services, production engineering, design engineering, and also to external customers
- Interface with all departments as required presenting comprehensive technical packages
- High level of computer literacy desired
- Attend client meetings as company’s technical representative
- Occasional travel to customers, suppliers, and third party testing facilities
- Resolves problems which may develop during manufacturing of pipe
- Create product testing schedules and budgets
- Determining the disposition of product non-conformances
- Other duties as assigned
This position may be responsible for directing or coordinating the work activities of others. The following positions report directly to this position:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- High technical ability required
- Design and analysis capabilities preferably through SolidWorks software
- Ability to operate within a multi-tasking dynamic team environment
- Aptitude to learning new design tools as well as test lab equipment to broaden experience
- Ability to effectively present information and communicate at all levels
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of machining and/or manufacturing processes
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Mechanical or Civil (Structural) Engineering, plus 3 -7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-10 years as an Electrical Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with API 15S, API 17J, API 17B is desirable
- Familiarity with MS Office suite including MS Project is highly desirable
- Familiar with LabView and SolidWorks
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
- Typical work environment may include any or all of the following:
- Those typical of an office environment and product testing environment in air condition and non-air conditioned laboratories.
- Activities that are outside and exposed to the elements (sun, wind, rain, etc.).
- Activities that involve high pressure equipment, moving machinery, excessive noise and working at elevations.
DateFriday, August 19, 2016
How to ApplyIn order to express interest in FlexSteel job opportunities, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. YOU MUST INCLUDE THE JOB TITLE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL.
FlexSteel is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities to employees and applicants in accordance with all applicable laws. FlexSteel’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. M/F/D/V.