Location: DOWNTOWN HOUSTON, Texas
Position Reports To: Director of Technical Services
Provides technical advice to customers, regulatory agencies, distributors and sales personnel responding to product related questions, issues and problems. Provides sales personnel with technical data necessary for the demonstration of products. May make technical presentations at sales meetings and customer locations. Acts as a liaison between sales personnel, clients and technical staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual in this position must use initiative and judgment arranging job details to achieve predetermined objectives. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Educate prospective customers about the superior benefits of FlexSteel flexible steel pipe
- Offer market comparisons of competitors to demonstrate the advantage of choosing FlexSteel
- Provide intensive pre-sales technical consulting to Sales staff and prospective clients,participating in conference calls and possible site visits with account executives.
- Document all customer questions to ensure immediate follow-up on all outstanding issues.
- Consult with the account executive during the proposal process to ensure that all technical information and recommendations address customer requirements.
- Supporting Account Management, Marketing, and customers to ensure features are understood and how they might increase the value of new pipelines or rehabilitation applications.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, industry standards or governmental regulations.
- Prepare documents illustrating conformance of product to technical procedures, industry standards or governmental regulations.
- Provide timely and accurate feedback to the Research and Development teams relating to test requirements for product conformance to technical procedures, industry standards or governmental regulations.
- Active participation on industry standard committees
- Attend and support trade shows, fellowships, conferences, exhibits, and seminars as requested.
- Writes consistent, clear documentation that presents complex information simply and accurately
- Works with others to develop documentation and communications
- Produces and/or approves technical manuals, procedural manuals, process specifications, brochures, etc. (hard copy and electronic) that conforms to company procedures and/or industry standards
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- High level of initiative
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Occasional travel to customers and suppliers
- Other duties as assigned by Technical Services Engineering Director or his/her designee
This position may be responsible for directing or coordinating the work activities of others. The following positions report directly to this position:
- There are no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Highly computer literate in Microsoft, graphical, and online products
- Ability to operate within a multi-tasking dynamic team environment.
- Ability to effectively present information and communicate at all levels.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Mechanical or Civil (Structural) Engineering, plus five to ten year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer desirable
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typical work environment may include any or all of the following:
- Typical office environment
- Activities that are outside and exposed to the elements (sun, wind, rain, etc.).
- Activities that involve high pressure equipment, moving machinery, excessive noise and working at elevations.
DateFriday, April 7, 2017
How to ApplyIn order to express interest in FlexSteel job opportunities, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. YOU MUST INCLUDE THE JOB TITLE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL.
FlexSteel is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities to employees and applicants in accordance with all applicable laws. FlexSteel’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. M/F/D/V.